Thursday, September 22, 2011

191 more days!

To find what you seek in the road of life, 
the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."
Edward Bulwer Lytton

191 more days till Everest Base Camp. I must admit im nervous but without fear there would be no risk and without risk there would be no success.

I have been training for the past 2 weeks by attending the YMCA everyday after school. I have biked over 53 miles and jogged a total of 14 miles. I have been working on weight training and have pushed 50lbs so far. I have also taken 3 yoga classes  to help control my breathing and adjust to altitude change. I have participated in 2 Zumba classes also. I am trying to avoid desserts and junk food which has been the hardest part so far. I just need to practice self control. I turned down a donut but then had 3 slices of pizza. I need to put my whole heart into this so from now on i vow to try and limit everything that i feed my body. 

Im not going to lie and tell you that i'm not afraid cause i am but i strongly believe that this will be one of the greatest adventures of my life. I need to focus on my fitness, diet, and faith in God that he will keep my mom and I safe.

I only ask for your prayers and the grace of God on my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment