Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today is the Day

Today is the day i can truly stop and think about what i, as an individual, need to do for myself. There are so many times in our lives that people tell us how to feel or what to say but today is not that day. I am in control of me and only me. I can finally stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and finally focus on what i want to accomplish. People may call me a dreamer, but i can assure you i am not the only one. So many of us make plans but do we ever really see them get fulfilled? Its a scary thought and i am guilty of this just as much as you may be. Today is different. Today is the day my life will change. To be completely honest my life really changed on January 4th, 2009. But that was only the beginning of my journey. I have become so much stronger since that tragic day and I am ready to prove all of those people who believe that Diabetes is a negative thing wrong. I believe that Diabetes is what you make of it. I feel that I have finally accepted Diabetes as a positive thing in my life. I am so blessed to have so many people who love and support me. But i would especially like to thank my Mom and Dad. This has been one of the greatest challenges that they have ever faced but they have given me strength by just being there. I know that they would do anything to take this disease away but i would never allow them to. Without it i probably wouldn't be trekking to the Everest Base Camp this march. Yes, at the age of 17 i will be traveling to Nepal to climb up to Everest's Base Camp. I couldn't be more thrilled. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I WILL accomplish all of my dreams and this expedition shall be my first attempted. I cant wait to conquer this mountain with my mom. But with this Journey comes a lot of preparation. I don't only need to master the packing list but i need to train hard for those altitudes. Right now my plan is to do Zumba and Yoga to help regulate my breathing. I am also looking for sponsorships from many different organizations. I want to be seen as a role model to anyone who doubts themselves. We CAN do anything we set our minds to and i WILL succeed. I wont let my asthma or diabetes stop me. I will give 100% to this expedition. This is the first day of my journey to Everest. Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment