Thursday, May 9, 2013

One Step at a Time

I am learning a lot about people during my first year of college. I am starting to see that there are a lot of highs and lows in relationships and that some of those relationships don't last forever. Some are long, some are short and others are simply a tease. I have learned that many of these relationships, both fails and successes, will in fact make us stronger and help us grow into the people we were always meant to be. I understand that some of these relationships are crucial to this lesson called life but is it bad to just regret everything as far back as the "hello"? The question "what if" pops into my mind occasionally and I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach begging myself to stop thinking about it all together. It's a scary question. It can be as simple as, "what if I went to the gym more" or even as complex as, "what if I had never met you." I am leaning towards the latter question right now. You think you know someone. You think you understand them. Then there is that moment that you never expected. That moment when you know nothing about them. That moment when someone you felt so close to feels like a stranger, oblivious and distant. Where do you go from there? Do you wait. Do you chase after them? or do you move on completely? You feel them fading away and you're too exhausted to try and find what once was. I'm exhausted and have realized that you can't chase others or try to make something that wasn't there in the first place. If they care they will come and if they don't maybe they were only meant to be a step in your life and not part of the staircase. I feel good and I feel ready to move forward in life with more confidence and independence. Here's to many more failed and successful relationships.

"Sometimes it's just best to accept what's done is done, let it go and move on, tomorrow is a new day what you thought was the end might just be your new beginning." -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment